Sunday, November 13, 2011

Does this sound like my co worker is trying to sabotage me?

She seems to be trying to characterise me as not doing my job and as irresponsible. I just started a new job and have been there a month. Last week she told me lies about me not sweeping and mopping the floors in this deli I work at and that the floor staff in the shop had to come in and do it and apparently 'that isn't their job'.I asked one of the floor staff about that and they said ' she is a lying ****' and they had not spoken to her since the previous week. Today, she rang me to ask why I was not in work. I told her I checked the rota last night and the new one was not put up yet. I was the last shift of the week so a new one generally should have been put up seeing as how everyone had already done their shifts for the week and I was the last left. She told me it was unacceptable I did not come in and that they were under alot of stress/pressure this morning because of it. I always come in on time, I cover people who cannot come in and have stayed late to cover for people I always do my work. Apparently, the new rota was beneath the old one. As I said, I have only worked there a month and so I told her that ok well I will know for the future but I am not a mind reader and i couldn't possibly have known that. It makes no sense that she organised things like this and I am certainly not going to be mischaracterised because of her negligence. Every week I have been there I have asked on the Sunday about the rota and it is never up and I have to text my coworker/manager about when I am working next and presume that if I were working right the next day they would let me know. I do my job well but she still finds little tiny trivial faults that seem ridiculous. I do not have any breaks at the job because they want everything perfectly done when really they should have more staff on and I finish late at the job very often (an hour over) because I have to clean the deli area. She will still the very next day tell me things I have done wrong which are actually inevitable and she should understand working at the deli too. Might this be a kind of workplace bullying? I feel with the rota at least, she did this to mislead me and mischaracterise me as a bad worker? Obviously, she has no sense of fairness or reason and is making me look bad in front of all the other workers who she undoubtedly bitched and cursed to this morning about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment